Roasted Pumpkin Smokey Tomato Soup
Serves 4 – paleo friendly
This bowl of goodness is the Holistic Health Nut's go-to soup as soon as the cooler weather starts to creep in, so today seemed like the perfect day to post this recipe being that it is the beginning of Winter!!
This healthy recipe is super easy to make, jam packed with flavour & has a bit of a twist on a traditional pumpkin soup with the tomatoes & the rich smokey flavour.
IIt can be jazzed up by adding fresh rocket from the garden, pickled homemade asian chilli’s, nigella seeds, salt & pepper to taste… or dukkha spices sometimes too!!
NThis can be done in a thermomix, however you can just as easily do this the conventional stovetop way.
- 1kg butternut pumpkin
- 1 onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ tbsp. coconut oil (odourless)
- ½ tsp smokey paprika
- 1-2 tbsp organic, grassfed butter (I like butter and it makes it creamier)
- 6-7 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Chop up your pumpkin, coat with 1 tbsp coconut oil, salt & pepper and place on baking tray to bake for 40mins.
2. Roughly chop onion and place in thermomix with garlic, ½ tbsp coconut oil, smokey paprika & sun dried tomatoes & blitz for a couple of seconds on high then scrap down the sides & then cook until onion is cooked through.
3. Once onion mixture is cooked add roast pumpkin & chicken stock & cook for 20 minutes or until it boils, once cooked add butter & blitz in thermomix until smooth and creamy.
4. Pour into bowls , add fresh rocket or dukkha spices & serve.
Recipe lovingly provided by Aurora Gilbert, Holistic Health Nut
Sign in to leave a comment