The sunshine is on its way! I do not know about you, but when the sun is out and the weather starts heating up, all I crave are meals that are fresh, light, colourful, crunchy and sweet. So I utilised the fresh Spring produce and created a salad which is exactly that. It combines crunchiness from the sugar snap peas, sweetness from the berries, a rainbow of colour and is very refreshing from the cucumber and fresh mint, I love it! This dish is awesome to bring along to barbeques and serve alongside other foods because it honestly goes well with everything, plus, it’s super pretty! The Spring Salad is very easy to make with no cooking required and you can adjust all the ingredients, or add your own twist according to your taste (I love to add avocado as well). Incorporating this salad with your meals will make you feel and look fantastic from the inside out, enjoy!
Serves: 2 as a main, 4 as a side
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- 1 Cup Sugar Snap Peas
- 1/4 – 1/2 of one Cucumber
- 3-4 Large Radishes
- 1 Nectarine
- 1 Spring Onion
- 1 Large Handful Mixed Salad Leaves
- 1 Handful Fresh Mint
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt + Pepper
- In a large bowl place, the salad leaves.
- Now its time to slice all the fruits and vegetables and put them into the salad bowl.
- De-stem and slice the strawberries. Top and tail the sugar snap peas and cut them diagonally. Halve the cucumber lengthways and slice. De-pit, halve and slice the nectarine. Thinly slice the radishes and spring onion.
- For the salad dressing blitz the olive oil, lemon, mint leaves and some salt and pepper together in a little blender. Adjust according to taste and add a little more olive oil to assist blending if required.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss the salad together until everything is combined and well coated with the dressing.
- Place into bowls ready to serve.
Lovingly provided by Sonja Tennberg.
Sign in to leave a comment