This sundried tomato, mushroom and cashew "ricotta" pasta is so easy to make. It's so delicious you'll be be wanting to make extra so you can have leftovers for days!
• 1 can of diced tomatoes
• 2 tbsp of tomato paste
• 1 onion diced
• 2 cloves of garlic minced
• 2 cups of sliced mushrooms
• 1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
• 1/2 cup of chopped sundried tomatoes
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp chili flakes
• a packet of spaghetti or fettuccine pasta
• salt and pepper to taste
• fresh basil
Cashew Ricotta Cheese:
• 1 cup of soaked raw cashews in water (minimum 2 hours- best overnight)
• 1/2 cup of water
• 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
• 1/2 tsp of salt
• 1/2 tsp of garlic flakes
1 Boil some water and cook your pasta following the packet instructions.
2 Cook the onion and garlic in a pan with olive oil.
3 Add in the mushrooms.
4 Add the chili flakes, dried herbs and cook until mushrooms and capsicum are cooked.
5 Add in the sundries tomatoes and the can of diced tomatoes and simmer on low heat.
6 Once the pasta is cooked, drained and mix with the sauce.
For the cashew ricotta:
1 Rinse and drain the cashews.
2 Mix the cashews in a blender with the water, salt and nutritional yeast until creamy.
3 Serve a large dollop on each pasta bowl to add a cheesy creamy factor!