Fundamentals of Plant-Based Eating Workshop
A: 181A High St FREMANTLE, Western Australia 6160 AustraliaGet driving directions
P: view phone61 8 9433 4647
E: Send Email
W: View website
Plant-based eating has really come into the spotlight in the last number of years - the secret it out that it needn't be boring, difficult, 'dangerous' or unpalatable - rather, it can be some of the most delicious, satisfying and nutritionally dense food you've ever eaten and such an amazing choice your own health and the health of our planet.
If you'd love to discover how its done, come and join the owner of The Raw Kitchen and long-term naturopath (Heath Daly), alongside owner of Holistic Health Nut (Aurora Gilbert), as they cover this comprehensive introduction to all things plant-based! They'll delve into all the very best foundationary knowledge to plant-based eating, answer all the common questions and concerns, and showcase five hand-picked plant-based recipes that demonstrate a breadth of the nutritional areas of focus, whilst of course being delicious too!
"There is no 'one perfect diet' for everyone. Health is dynamic and our nutritional requirements change constantly. The key is to start working it out for yourself; you can do this by starting with a diet dominated by whole, plant-based foods. We can get most, if not all of our nutritients from a plant-based diet, once we know how. My job is to show you how to get the very most out of plant-based eating." Heath
The recipes are easy, super tasty and designed to meet all of our key nutritional requirements, whilst giving you a fantastic basis to develop on from.
We'll be covering, teaching (and tasting!):
- The key nutritional fundamentals in approaching a plant-centric diet
- The most important ingredients and how to use them
- The benefits and the pitfalls to avoid
- Nut cheeses with a smoked paprika cashew cream
- Nut milks and dairy replacements with turmeric and spaghyric herbal concentrates option
- Proteins and a delicious Persian spiced quinoa recipe
- How to utilise seaweeds and medicinal mushrooms with a nutrient dense dulse and shitake broth recipe as an example
- The magic of smoothies, breakfast, and our winning blue Aztec power blend smoothie recipe
You'll have the opportunity to taste every recipe demonstrated, ask all the questions you can think of, and take home a copy of all recipes in a printed booklet.
Time: 12:30 pm - 03:00 pm
price single $125