Raw Vegan Sticky Peanut Butter Brownies
Ingredients for brownie
- 2.5 cups dates
- 1.5 cups walnuts
- 6 TBSP cacao
- 1.5 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 TBSP water
- 1/4 cups coconut flour
- pinch salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups berries
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
Ingredients for icing
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- Line 2 pans of similar size with baking paper.
- Add dates, walnuts, 6 TBSP cacao, vanilla, water, coconut flour and salt to a food processor and blitz until you get a sticky dough.
- Scoot out the dough, divide in half and spread into the pans.
- Add peanut butter on top of one of the layers, spread evenly. Place both pans in the freezer to firm up.
- To make the jam, mash the berries and mix them with chia seeds. Set aside for half hour until it thickens a bit.
- Spread the jam onto the peanut butter layer in the pan.
- Take out the second layer of dough and gently press it on top of the jam layer.
- To make the icing, add cacao, vanilla, maple and coconut oil in a bowl and whisk until combined. Pour on top of the brownie and place the pan in the fridge overnight. I AM SORRY, I did indeed say overnight! This baby needs a bit of time to set so you can (somewhat) cut into it. But I promise you IT IS WORTH it.
- Next day, cut in whatever size and shape you want, enjoy the deliciousness and remember to share!