Recipe lovingly provided by Rebecca Gawthorne from @nourish_naturally
This delicious veggie packed bread is anything but boring – it’s deliciously comforting & nourishing and will become a fast favourite. Enjoy!
1.5 cups plain rolled oats
1 cup chopped sweet potato
1 cup chopped pumpkin
1/2 cup soy milk or milk of choice
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
2 tbs chia seeds soaked in 6 tbs water
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
1/2 cup Medjool dates, finely chopped
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup soy milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
1 lemon, juiced + zest grated
Berries of choice to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Steam sweet potato & pumpkin. Once cooked, mash.
3. Place oats in blender & blend until oat flour forms.
4. Removed and place into mixing bowl. Stir in baking powder & spices.
5. In separate mixing bowl, combine mashed sweet potato & pumpkin. Add chia seeds, honey & milk and stir to combine.
6. Pour wet mixture into dry mix and combine. Stir in dates & pumpkin seeds.
7. Pour mixture into an oiled baking tray & bake for approx. 30min or until cooked through. (be careful not too burn).
8. Once cooked, remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
9. For icing, soak cashews & almonds in water. Then place in blender with milk, honey, cinnamon & lemon juice & blend until smooth. Remove and spread on cooled bread. Sprinkle with grated lemon zest & top with berries.
10. Slice & enjoy.